Air Fryer Baked Sweet Potato
Whether you're serving as a side dish, stuffing them to create a meal, or mashing them up for a casserole, this air fryer baked sweet potato recipe will come in handy! In less time, with less oil, you'll have perfectly baked sweet potatoes with a crispy skin, and a warm and fluffy center!
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
Wash and dry sweet potatoes. Rub ½ a teaspoon of olive oil into the skin of the sweet potatoes using your hands.
Sprinkle with salt and pepper evenly.
Place in the air fryer basket. Be sure not to overcrowd. Give them about an inch of space between each one.
Set the air fryer to 400 F. Bake for 40 minutes. At the 20 minute mark flip the potatoes over using tongs. Check for doneness at 40 minutes. If they are not fully cooked, add an additional 10 minutes, or until the skin is crispy and the center is cooked through.
Slice them down the center, fluff with a fork, and add your favorite fillings such as butter, and brown sugar.
- Choose the right size sweet potato for your air fryer.
- Make sure to thoroughly clean your sweet potatoes. They may have quite a lot of dirt and grime. Using a vegetable brush will help remove any dirt. Dry them with a kitchen towel. Be sure they are completely dry before adding the oil, salt and pepper. If they are wet the skin will not crisp.
- I do not recommend poking them with holes or wrapping in foil. This will steam the potatoes. If you want a crispy skin, leave them as is when you put them in the air fryer.
- Do not overcrowd or stack the potatoes on top of one another. They need space in the air fryer to cook evenly.
- Flip the potatoes half way through the cooking time to ensure an even bake on all sides.
- Do not try to flip with your bare hands! They are hot! Use tongs.
- Cut the skin down the center, and fluff the flesh with your fork. Add your favorite toppings! See below for some of my favorite variations!
Calories: 235kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 706mg | Potassium: 762mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 32063IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 68mg | Iron: 1mg