Air Fryer Potato Skins
These crispy air fryer potato skins are filled with warm vegan cheese and topped with a dairy free sour cream and fresh herbs. They're perfect for parties!
- 6 small Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 2 tsp olive oil
- ½ cup vegan shredded cheese or regular
- ¼ cup vegan sour cream or regular
- 2 tbsp fresh chives finely chopped
Wash, scrub, and dry potatoes. Slice in half. Brush with oil. Place in air fryer, flesh side down. Do not overcrowd! Bake for 12 minutes at 400 F. Flip at 6 minutes.
When potatoes are done and cool enough to handle, scoop out most of the center. Be sure to leave a good amount left around the edge of the potatoes. Lightly brush the outside and inside of the potato with olive oil.
Fill each potato skin with vegan cheese shreds.
Place potato skins in the air fryer in a single layer. Bake at 350 F for 6 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Transfer to a serving plate. Add a dollop of sour cream, and top with fresh chopped chives. Serve warm.
- Bake the potatoes before scooping out the flesh, and adding the cheese. These are almost like twice baked potatoes, only you don't use the rest of the flesh from the potato.
- Reserve the potato you scoop out to make mashed potatoes!
- Leave a good amount of the potato flesh around the edge of the skins.
- If making for an appetizer use smaller potatoes like the Yukon Golds. But if you're making for a side dish, use russet potatoes that are larger.
- Don't add too much cheese!
Calories: 201kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 151mg | Potassium: 716mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 44IU | Vitamin C: 34mg | Calcium: 27mg | Iron: 1mg