Vegan Loaded Sweet Potatoes
Vegan Loaded Sweet Potatoes are baked and then loaded with Mexican spiced black beans and topped with fresh scallions and guacamole!
- 4 small sweet potatoes
- 15 oz can of black beans drained and rinsed
- 15 oz can of diced tomatoes
- 1 cup corn kernels frozen or fresh
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ cup vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 scallions chopped to top
- 4 tablespoon guacamole or avocado to top
Preheat oven to 405 F. Wash sweet potatoes. Wrap in aluminum foil. Pierce with a fork. Place on baking sheet and bake for 40-50 minutes of until soft.
While potatoes are baking, chop onion, and mince garlic. On medium heat, add vegetable stock to large pan. Sauté onions and garlic for 3-4 minutes or until soft.
Add drained and rinsed black beans, diced tomatoes, and spices. Heat for 5-8 minutes uncovered. Add corn, stir, and heat an additional 2 minutes.
When sweet potatoes are done, slice in half. Top with guacamole or diced avocado, and fresh diced scallions.
- Wrap the potatoes in foil. This allows the potatoes to cook faster. The aluminum foil traps the heat. It will result in a softer skin, so if you like crispy skin, you may not want to use this method.
- Bake your potatoes on a baking sheet lined with foil. I've made the mistake of just placing my potatoes on the oven rack, and the juices form the sweet potatoes leaked from the foil, and dripped in the oven creating a burnt mess! You don't want to make this mistake!
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-5 days.
Calories: 350kcal | Carbohydrates: 69g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 687mg | Potassium: 1237mg | Fiber: 17g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 19293IU | Vitamin C: 18mg | Calcium: 118mg | Iron: 5mg