Lavender Tea Latte
This lavender tea latte has a hint of floral lavender paired with black tea and foamy almond milk. It is a calming way to start your day, or take a mid-afternoon break.
- 2 tsp loose leaf tea or black tea bag
- 2 cups water
- ¾ cups almond milk
- 2 tsp lavender leaves 1 tsp for garnish, 1 tsp for tea
- 2 tsp maple syrup optional
Heat water and steep tea and lavender leaves together in an infuser for 3-4 minutes. If you'd prefer, use a tea bag, and add the lavender to the water. If you use this method, you'll need to strain the lavender leaves.
Pour tea into two mugs about ¾ full.
Prepare your foamed milk by heating on medium and whisking until frothy. Do not bring the milk to a boil. Whisk quickly in short strokes to create a frothy foam.
Top tea with milk . Scoop the foam gently with a spoon, and add to the top of the latte.
Top with a pinch of lavender leaves and enjoy.
- Make sure your lavender is food grade.
- Use your favorite black tea. I like English Breakfast or Early Gray.
- If you'd prefer a caffeine free tea, I recommend chamomile.
- Almond milk froths easily, however, you can use a different type of plant milk if you prefer.
Calories: 35kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Sodium: 134mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 138mg | Iron: 1mg