Vegan Pineapple Fried Rice
A simple weeknight dinner, vegan pineapple fried rice is easier than take-out! Brown rice, peas, carrots, and pineapple are sautéd in seasoned sauce, and topped with fresh scallions and cashews! It's a complete meal in one pan!
- 1 cup brown rice 3 cups cooked
- 1/4 cup vegetable stock
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots
- 1/2 cup pineapple cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/4 cup raw cashews chopped
- 2 tbsp vegan fish sauce or soy sauce or tamari
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 scallions chopped
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes garnish (optional)
Cook brown rice according to package directions. One cup of dried brown rice will produce 3 cups of cooked rice. You can also make the rice a day in advance to save you time! If making the rice the day you plan to serve, it will take an additional 35-45 minutes to prepare the rice. Or you can use a brown rice steam bag to save time!
Add diced onions to a large pan on medium-high heat. Sauté for 3 minutes. Add the minced garlic, and sauté an additional minute.
Add cooked brown rice. Stir to combine with the onions and garlic. Add turmeric powder, onion powder, garlic powder, vegan fish sauce, and cayenne pepper. Sauté for 3 minutes.
Stir in frozen peas and carrots, and chopped pineapple. Sauté for 2-3 minutes, or until peas and carrots are cooked through.
Place fried rice in serving bowls. Top with chopped cashews and scallions. Enjoy!
- Fried rice tastes best when made with day old rice. This also cuts down on total prep time!
- Use fresh ripe pineapple, or canned pineapple chunks in juice (not syrup). If you're pineapple isn't ripe, you'll end up with a bitter flavor.
- If you don't have vegetable stock to sauté the onions and garlic, use water, or soy sauce.
Calories: 180kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 399mg | Potassium: 231mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 2357IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 29mg | Iron: 2mg