Cinnamon Butternut Squash
This simple roasted cinnamon butternut squash with fresh herbs is as easy and simple as it gets! The butternut squash is crisp on the outside, soft on the inside and seasoned with warm cinnamon spice and fresh herbs. It's the perfect winter side dish!
- 1 medium butternut squash cubed (3 cups)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp cloves
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp rosemary
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 425 F. Chop butternut squash into equal sized cubes. Add squash to large bowl. Add olive oil, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg, and salt and pepper.
Toss until oil and spices are evenly distributed.
Add the butternut squash to a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Spread the squash evenly over the baking sheet. You may need two baking sheets to prevent overcrowding.
Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes. At 10 minutes toss the butternut squash. Remove from oven allow to cool for a few minutes before transferring to a serving dish. Sprinkle with fresh herbs, and enjoy!
- Cut the squash into evenly sized cubes. This helps ensure that all the pieces cook evenly.
- Be sure to remove the tough outer skin of the butternut squash. this part is not edible.
- Don't overcrowd the squash on the baking sheet. Make sure it is spread out and not in layers. If they are too close together in the oven they will steam instead of roast. You may need to use two baking sheets to avoid overcrowding.
- Roasting is done at a high temperature. I recommend somewhere between 400-425 F. I prefer a high temperature of 425 F. This allows you to get that crisp brown caramelization.
Calories: 72kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 5mg | Potassium: 440mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 13288IU | Vitamin C: 26mg | Calcium: 67mg | Iron: 1mg