Vegan Pumpkin Spice Latte
A must have for fall this copycat Starbucks Vegan Pumpkin Spice Latte is even better! Full of real pumpkin flavor, pumpkin spice, and natural sweetener, it's a healthy, yet totally satisfying autumn drink!
- 1/2 cup strong black coffee or 2 shots of espresso
- 2 tbsp pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups unsweetened soy milk
- 1/4 cup whipped coconut topping
Prepare 2 shots of espresso or 1/2 cup of strong black coffee.
In a small saucepan over medium heat whisk together the pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice. Stir continuously until warm, about 2 minutes. Add maple syrup and vanilla extract. Continue to stir until bubbly, and a thick syrup forms.
Add soy milk to pot. Whisk until smooth and combined.
Transfer to a blender, and blend until smooth and frothy.
Top with whipped coconut cream (optional) and a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice.
- Nutrition facts do not include whipped cream.
- Use a blender to get that frothy texture without the need for a steam wand or fancy espresso machine. Just be sure it's big enough to hold all the milk!
- If you prefer, and want to skip a step, you can add the milk right to the pot with the pumpkin syrup and whisk together. It won't be as frothy as it would be if you blended it, but the flavor is still the same!
- You can make this latte stronger if your prefer. Just add an additional shot of espresso to each cup. If you don't have an espresso machine, no problem! Just make your own strong black coffee and add as much as you like for your taste preference.
Calories: 117kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 93mg | Potassium: 374mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 2837IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 312mg | Iron: 1mg