This super simple vegan gravy recipe is rich, flavorful, and tastes like the real thing! It's the perfect accompaniment to your mashed potatoes, and a must on your holiday table!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time5 mins
Total Time10 mins
Diet: Vegan, Vegetarian
- ¼ cup shallots finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ cup vegan butter
- ½ teaspoon thyme dried
- ½ teaspoon rosemary dried
- ⅔ cups tahini
- ½ cup soy sauce or tamari for gluten-free
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoon vegan worcestershire sauce
Finely chop scallion and garlic. Add vegan butter to saucepan on medium heat. Allow butter to melt. Add scallions and garlic. Sauté for 3-5 minutes or until soft.Top Tips for Making the Best Vegan Gravy
Add tahini, soy sauce, maple syrup, vegetable broth, and spices. Whisk together to combine.
Bring to a boil, whisking consistently so it doesn't burn. Remove from heat. If gravy is too thick add a touch more vegetable broth until desired consistency is reached. Serve warm!
Tips for Making Vegan Gravy
- Whisk your ingredients together, and remove from heat when it starts to bubble.
- Gravy will thicken as it sits. If you like a thinner consistency, whisk in a touch more vegetable broth until you reach your desired consistency.
- If you have fresh herbs, you can use those in place of the dried herbs, but you will want to double the amount you use. Instead of ½ teaspoon of dried thyme, use 1 teaspoon of fresh thyme. Fresh herbs are less fragrant than dried herbs.
- Make in advance and freeze. If your Thanksgiving day is packed with making other recipes, you can make this recipe in advance and either freeze or refrigerate it. Then reheat when you're ready to serve dinner!
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
- Freeze for up to 2-3 months.
Calories: 137kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 624mg | Potassium: 139mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 199IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 34mg | Iron: 1mg