Vegan Baked Apples
These Vegan Baked Apples are a simple and healthy dessert perfect for apple season! Apples are cored, dusted with cinnamon and baked until soft then served with a scoop of dairy free coconut vanilla ice cream!
- 4 apples
- 4 tsp cinnamon
- 4 scoops coconut milk ice cream optional
Preheat oven to 350 F. Using an apple core-er, cut apples until almost fully cut down. Leave about 1/2 inch of apple before fully slicing to the bottom. Sprinkle cinnamon over each apple.
Place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 20 minutes. Serve with coconut milk ice cream if desired!
- Nutrition facts do not include dairy-free ice cream.
- Use an apple core-er to slice the apples, to make them open and bloom! Be careful when slicing, as you can easily slice all the way to the bottom and the apple slices will not hold together. (I ran into this problem a few times!)
- Use parchment paper to line your baking dish. This will keep the apples from sticking to the pan.
- Use a good "baking" apple such as Granny Smith. They will hold up better in the oven. Softer apples such as red delicious don't work as well.
Calories: 101kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 2mg | Potassium: 206mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 98IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 37mg | Iron: 1mg