This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer.
Almond Flour Recipes: Gluten Free, Vegan, Paleo, and Keto, these Healthy Holiday Cookies are AWESOME!
This time of year I love to get out my gingham apron and get down to baking! It brings back happy memories of the laughter and joy I shared with my mother when I was a girl. She was Armenian and would bake Armenian butter cookies during the holidays. They were so simple, yet so delicious as they melted in your mouth! Now that I’m plant-based, and gluten free, satisfying my sweet tooth during the holidays, has become more challenging. I’ve searched and tested many almond flour recipes, and these hit the spot!
These Cranberry Pistachio Cookies remind me of those melt in your mouth deletable treats I had as a kid.
Delicious, Vegan, and Gluten Free
I’ve had some hits and misses when it comes to gluten free and vegan cookies. It’s challenging to find cookie recipes that cover both dietary needs. Almond flour recipes are great for their versatility. Many gluten free baking recipes include eggs, and dairy, while many vegan cookie recipes include bleached white or wheat flour. When I came across this recipe I was a bit weary. I wanted to bake something just as delcious as the traditional cookies of my childhood while staying true to the healthy habits I’ve developed. Not only did these cookies hit the spot for me, they were a fan favorite at home with my husband and kiddos as well.
I’ve even shared these cookies with my clients, and have gotten rave reviews and requests for the recipe.
When making these cookies getting the right ingredients is key. Almond flour. I like Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Almond Flour. It’s superfine texture yields a rich buttery flavor to the cookies. I also recommend using raw organic almond butter, as it doesn’t overpower the cranberry and pistachio flavor. I had a hard time finding pistachios already shelled in my grocery store, but these Wonderful No Shell Pistachios will help save you time. If you’re on the lookout for reduced sugar or no sugar added cranberries, try these.
A great set of mixing bowls are a must for any baker. I love these ceramic mixing bowls that come in various sizes for all my baking needs. They’re also beautiful and easy to clean. I also find that using a spatula is the best tool to use to mix the ingredients as this dough can get rather sticky.
When I scoop the batter I use a tablespoon scoop to get uniform round balls. When it comes to cookie sheets, I’ve been getting away from non-stick teflon pots and pans due to their chemical constitution. Although you use parchment paper with these cookies, a fantastic cookie sheet can’t be beat for baking uniform crispy cookies. This non-toxic stainless steel cookie set with cooling racks is all you’ll need for your cookie baking needs.
Cranberry Pistachio Holiday Cookies
Cranberry Pistachio Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups Almond Flour
- 1/2 cup Organic Pure Cane Sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup Raw Almond Butter
- 1/2 cup Organic Pure Maple Syrup
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Original Almond Milk
- 2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Dried Cranberries reduced sugar
- 1/2 cup Pistachios shelled and chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl mix together the almond flour, cane sugar, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl mix together the almond butter, maple syrup, almond milk, and vanilla.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Dough will be very sticky.
- Fold in cranberries and pistachios.
- Using a tablespoon scooper or spoon, scoop out about 1 tablespoon of dough and place on parchment lined cookie sheets about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10 minutes until golden brown. Allow to sit on cookie sheet for 2 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- *Cookies turn out better with raw almond butter rather than roasted almond butter.
This recipe was inspired by Jenn from Veggie Inspired. See the original recipe HERE!
Looking for a fabulous weeknight dinner for the family? Try my Sweet Potato Coconut Curry.